Friday, February 20, 2009

The Monster turned 4

I am so not ready for my baby to be 4. I held Cole in my arms today like a baby and had to laugh that more of him was hanging out of my arms than was actually in. He has been so excited for his birthday all week. On Sunday they did a spotlight on him and he was jumping up and down so excited that they were describing him. Starting Monday he asked every single day if it was his birthday. On Wednesday we went and ordered him a birthday cake. He really wanted a Ben10 cake but I really didn't think we were going to have any luck finding one. We were looking through a huge book of cakes at Albertsons and as soon as he came across his cake his little face lit up and he yelled to the lady working in the bakery, "You have my cake."

Last night after he went to bed we decorated his room and put up a 4 things we love about you poster. His turned out much better than my first try since I had a better idea what I was going for. Cole woke up at 5:30 this morning and saw his room, realized that it was his birthday and refused to go back to sleep.

We had a nice little family get together tonight. He was so excited to show off his cake to everyone and tell them it was his birthday and he was 4 (although sometimes he would get confused and hold up 4 fingers but say 5). I think he had a good time and he is already looking forward to his next birthday.
2005




2006



2007



2008






I have been blessed to have 3 great kids and they are so much fun. Cole is sweet, funny great and can make me smile just by walking in the room. Happy happy birthday, baby!!!!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Cole! We miss you guys so much! We will be coming up in June for my nephew's wedding. Hope you are in town Talk to you soon.

ERIN said...

what a toot. you should post your four things you love about him poster. i think i might adopt that idea. if you don't like it come back here and try to kick my butt. we'll play phase 10 for it:)

Erin said...

They just grow up WAY too fast! We miss you guys lots!