Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Husband Rocks

So I was trying to have a good attitude about my birthday--and for the most part I did. But as my birthday came I was missing my family and AZ friends and kinda just feeling blah (granted I spent the whole morning cleaning and who wants to do that on their birthday). Joel got home from work late and even though I wasn't really in the mood we went out to Texas Roadhouse (YUMMY YUMMY) for dinner. We took the kids to Wal-Mart after dinner (they wanted to spend their allowance and I was a little surprised but Joel thought it would be a good end to the night). When we got home I went down into the basement and hiding there was 4 of my sisters and my Mom. I had jokingly told Joel that for one of my other sisters 30th birthdays we had all gotten together. I totally did not mean that as any sort of a hint but he arranged (LYING a whole lot to me for example he sat around at work for 1 1/2 hrs just wasting time giving my family more time to get here and calls/texts that were supposedly from friends were really from my family members) for everyone to come up.

Besides the fact that we have WAY too much birthday cake left (I made one, Joel bought one and then my family bought one also) it was the perfect weekend. Lots of talking, games and a pedicure. My husband is great for planning it and my family is great for making the 7-10 hr drive (one way) to come see me for a short weekend.

Since I have moved up here I have become slightly obessed with digital scrapbooking. It is nice because it has given me something to do. My sister and I thought we should try to make our own paper and we just released our first free kit. If you want to take a look click here

Photobucket

2 comments:

The Bundy Family said...

Happy belated birthday. That is so awesome of Joel to do that. I got teary-eyed as I was reading it. I was just picturing you and knowing exactly what you are going through. In fact, I am missing my family terribly. I hope you are doing well up there and know you are missed!

Erin said...

That is awesome! I am so glad that it was a happy birthday! miss you!