Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The countdown has begun

Only 17 more days left in my 20's. I gave Joel such a hard time about turning 30 (and the fact that he was having a hard time with it) that I deserve all the comments I have been getting lately. He points out almost daily that my birthday is coming up. I don't really have that much of a problem with it, 30 has just always seemed old and I don't feel old.

Cole was sick on Friday but refused to take any medicene. He slept and drank lots of Tang and the next day he was fine. He was so proud of himself and informed me that he was magic and never needed medicene again--great.

We had parent teacher conference last week and both my kids teachers had great things to say about them. Nate's teacher ranted and raved about what a good listener he was--kinda funny because that is the area I really struggle with him.

My children have found the joys of being little boys. Every night at dinner they show me their newest wounds, we have had a lot of bruised and scrapped knees and elbows. A hurt chin and some slivers. They love to play outside and seem to think it is worth the cost.

5 comments:

Jill said...

I hope you have a good birthday! Make Joel do something really fun, milk it! Jodi said you are getting together this weekend for games, sounds like fun. HOpe you are all well.

Jodi Hansen said...

Oh yes...it's getting so close for you. They young years are over...hahaha
I wish that I could get a report that my son is a good listener...I just keep getting that he won't stop talking.gurrrrr

Aika said...

Ronda, I found you on Brandi's blog and I'm so glad that you're having so much fun in Utah! It's so good to see you again and your family looks great. Take care and hopefully you have a great birthday, you've got to go big this year!!! :)

Katie said...

HI! I turned 30 on Monday, and I have to say that I have been waiting for this day for a few years. I love being 30. I am right where I thought I'd be at this age in life and it is so great. I hope you enjoy your day.

ERIN said...

hey miss fonda!!! dude i totally forgot to call you or send you a card or some sort of sea creature. i did manage to remember a text i hope you still love me. happy happy birthday. love your guts. hope you had fun with your fmaily!!