Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I have been slacking

I have been so bad about posting lately--life has just gotten a little crazy.

Zachary has been doing great in school. He has made some good friends and has a great teacher. She seems to think the world of him and he of course agrees with her. Unfortunately, he has started getting migraine headaches about once a week. He gets really sick and will sleep for the entire afternoon. He and I are going down to Show Low for a quick weekend trip and he is so excited to get some good Mom and Zach time.

Nate is a nut!! The child does not stop, I need to find a way to bottle up some of his energy. His teacher sent home a note a couple weeks ago saying what a good student he is. Apparently he is a great listener and a good example to the other kids in his class. I was so appreciative to his teacher for taking the time to let me know. He went to the BYU game the other night with Joel and his Grandpa. He loved it!! He got his very own BYU shirt and wears is as often as I can get it clean for him.

Cole has started going to speech. It makes me a little bit sad to hear him lose his little boy crazy language. He still needs a lot of work but he loves to go and practice so he seems to be making great progress. He is also going to school and has made a little friend. He has a playdate with him tomorrow and Cole is so excited.

Whew I think that just about gets everything. I had to make my tv my workout buddy. I have been trying to work out everyday and so far it has worked for me. Hopefully I don't jinx myself.

4 comments:

Dennis said...

Hi Ronda,
It's good to "hear" your update. It keeps me feeling a little closer to you and Joel and your boys, even though I rarely see you. It sounds like life is good!
My favorite workout buddy is my video player. I especially like to put on church videos, like the Sunday School Supplement videos. They're so inspiring! I feel like I get a spiritual workout as well as physical! :) (Oh, what I do is walk on the treadmill while I watch. And the time flies!) Sometimes, I put in a good movie like "Pride and Prejudice"; I get so involved that I hate to stop, but force myself to after an hour! (Nice walk, for me!) Good luck with your new workout buddy.
Aunt Carol

Jill said...

It's so good to hear from you. I was thinking of you the other day and almost called you, I'm insanely busy too. I'm sad to hear about Zach, I hope you can find out why he is getting headaches. I'm coming up to Vegas on the 22 for the U2 concert with Jodi and my brother Joel, I wish I could come up and hang out, maybe soon. I hope you are well, and hope to talk to you soon.

Erin said...

I just got some new Pilate videos so my tv will by my buddy soon too. So sad to hear about Zach...hope you guys can find out what is causing those headaches, poor boy! We miss you guys, cant believe that you have been in Utah a year this month!

ERIN said...

ok i was talking to someone recently about migraines and behavior issues and such. And they said that the dyes in food are commonly linked to migraines in kids. Like red 40 yellow 6 and a couple of others and yes they are in freakin' everything. even things you would never think of.
I have taken such things out of ethan's diet and he seems to be doing better with being able to control his body, not great, but progress. I dunno, something to look into.