Wednesday, December 10, 2008

World's Biggest Dork

So I have this bottle of soap I really like but, unfortunately the dispenser on it broke so I can't use it (and it was fairly expensive and only a small amount of it has been used). Well, yesterday (way to much info but while I was in the shower) I decide that I really want to use that soap. So I try and take it apart but to no avail. Then I decide to cut it open so I grab a pair of scissors and hold the bottle with one hand and start to jab the scissors in with the other. As soon as I started I knew it was a bad idea and within a second the scissors had slipped off and cut me right inbetween my thumb and pointer finger (in the really fleshy area). I really want to curse and yell but instead tried not to throw up as blood ran all down my arm. I grabbed a wash cloth wrapped my hand up and finished my shower--I was able to cut the soap open so I had to make sure to use it since it had caused me so much trouble. It bleed for quite a long time and while it isn't a big cut it is VERY painful for me to use my thumb and I really try not to use it at all. Joel just laughs at me anytime he is around and calls me 'gimpy'. I showed my boys and explained that there are reasons why we don't play with scissors. I have come to the conclusion that the stupid soap was not worth all the pain.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

soap and scissors - a dangerous combo!

Jill said...

sounds like what I did when I was 10 or 11. I stabbed my hand with a knife trying to open formula for my nephew. In the same spot. Not fun! I hope you are ok. We miss you.

Katie said...

that is kinda funny. I'm glad you're okay, though. my dad sliced between his thumb and pointer finger and was in a cast for a long time because he cut through the tenden.