Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Highlight of My Day

When we first moved up here the idea of going back to Arizona for Thanksgiving gave me something to look forward to. I was sad once Thanksgiving was over--I have always been someone who likes to look forward to what's coming next. I am struggling with it being Christmas time--it doesn't feel like Christmas at all so I don't really feel like I can look forward to that just yet. However, I realized yesterday as I sat in the front yard and waited for my boys to come home from school that I look forward to that moment everyday!! I will sit out in the grass while Cole rides his bike around and we wait for the bus. Once the boys get off the bus they have to walk a short distance to see me but the second they do they are off and will start running with their arms open wide to give me a great big hug and kiss and to tell me all about their day. I didn't realize how much I really looked forward to that moment. As much as I miss my family (and friends) I feel like living here has made me appreciate my own little wonderful family that much more.

1 comment:

ERIN said...

i don't really have a comment, i just wanted to say hi. i miss you.