Monday, January 12, 2009

Bad Bad Tooth Fairy

Zachary has had a slightly loose tooth. Well yesterday he was bound and determined that it was time to come out. All during church he messed with it (ugh I feel sorry for his primary teacher you could hear the roots breaking as he moved it around) and it was amazingly loose by the time we came home. After lunch he resumed the messing and it was out in no time. He was so excited and put it in a bag under his pillow. After that we went over to my Joel's brothers house and had dinner and got home an hour passed bed time. I hurried the kids into bed and didn't think twice about Zachary's tooth under his pillow.

This morning Zach was quite peeved that the tooth fairy had 'forgotten' him. Joel was very quick and reminded him that it was Sunday and of course the tooth fairy does not work on Sunday--which he actually took very well. I sure hope that he doesn't loose any other teeth on Sundays.

We took the kids to McDonalds on Saturday. Nate got to bring home the class bear and he needed to have an adventure. Joel suggested McDonalds and they were all about it. Nate was cute he took the bear down the slide, put him in a high chair while he ate and pretended to share his food. Today he had to write a story about the adventures. He was supposed to draw the pictures but was struggling with drawing the bear so I offered to draw it for him. I am pretty sure that he could have done much better himself. Drawing is definately not my thing.

While at McDonalds' the boys got small toy dogs for the toy in their happy meal. Cole (and actually all of the boys) have carried the dog around with him. The dogs name is Friday, which Cole says in a very cute high pitched voice. I go out of my way to make him say Friday as often as humanly possible.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I can not tell you how many times that has happened to us. I think we forgot for 3 days in a row with Kaylyn when she was young. Now that the kids know how it works, we just hand them money when the tooth comes out. It makes the process so much easier.

Erin said...

LOL! Only in Utah does the Tooth fairy not work on Sunday! I can not believe that he bought that! We miss that boy!