Saturday, January 3, 2009

Special Visitor

I have been blessed with a great family and love and adore every single last member. This was the first year that I didn't spend the holidays with a member of my family and as Chirstmas time came and passed I was really missing having them around. The Sunday before Christmas we were sitting in Sacrament meeting and the choir was singing a Christmas song that I totally associate with my mom. I turned to tell Joel that and instead I got all teary eyed and couldn't say anything. Luckily my sister Laura (who has spent every Christmas since 2003 with me) was missing me also and had planned a visit for the week after Christmas. I was more excited for that than I was for Christmas.

She came up Monday and planned to leave on Thursday. We took my kids to the movies, played tons and tons of games, got pedicures, went to the park and just hung out and talked until the wee hours of the morning. When Thursday came no one was ready for her to leave so she put it off one more day, but it vanished before we knew it. Friday morning I used Zachary against her and he begged her to stay for just ONE more day. She did even though it meant driving 10 hours all in one day to get home much later than she wanted. Thank you thank you thank you Laura. I love you!! Moving to St. George was good for my little family and while I know it is the right thing to do, it makes me sad that I am so far away from all my friends and family who I love so much. You guys are all the best!!

NOTE: I have gone to bed around 3 am everynight this week so I am sure that I am extra emotional from lack of sleep!!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I love your slideshow - it made me miss you and Laura!

Dennis said...

Hi Ronda,
It's (Aunt) Carol. One of my kids put your blog link on our family blog and so I was just looking at your news and pictures. It was great to read about your neat little family and see the pictures of everyone. We missed seeing you over Thanksgiving, but were glad you got to go "home" for that holiday. Hopefully, we'll see you the next time we venture south. Tell Joel "Hi!" from us. (Just ignore the "Mom & Papa"thing; I don't know how to change it!!)

Jill said...

I'm sorry you miss your family and friends, we miss you too. It looks like you had a great time with Laura, where is that park? We will have to go there the next time we are there. Talk to you soon.