Thursday, January 29, 2009

My goofy kids

So I told Zachary I thought he should start saving his money, he had managed to get quite a bit from Christmas and his birthday. We made the deal that if he saved until he got to $46 I would give him the last 4 to get to $50. He was so excited and has been a little scavenger picking up any loose change he finds laying around. I give him a quarter for milk everyday and somedays he won't spend it and bring it home to save. Well a couple of weeks ago he went to a birthday party for one of his cousins and came home with tons of candy. Of course both of his brothers ate all their candy within a few days but Zachary saved his. He has it laid out in his room grouped into price catergories. Nate and Cole (Zachary takes pitty on Cole and sells him the candy for less) have bought quite a bit of it and he has made a couple dollars. I went in and took a laffy taffy last night and the stinker informed me that it would be $.50. Really, for a banana flavored rock hard laffy taffy.

I was hanging out at my sister-in-law house yesterday. She does daycare and one of the dads walked in to pick up his kids. His arms were COVERED in tatoos. Cole walked up to him and clear as day said, "What the heck. How'd you get that all over you?" The guy just laughed and told Cole he drew on himself but we almost fell over laughing. Gotta love the honesty of kids.

Nate has a good little friend (our bishops' son). He has come over a couple times and the two are so silly together. On Monday the just sat in Nate's room and laughed like crazy. It was very odd but it's good to see Nate adjusting. He used to talk about going back to Arizona all the time and he now seems pretty happy.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I'm glad Zach has learned how to save his money, Payton couldn't save a dime to save his life! The money is always burning a hole in his pocket! I'm happy to hear about Nate finding a good friend. Talk to you soon.