Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Baseball Day #2

Holy cow life has turned CRAZY. I picked the boys up right after school, went to the store and ordered Nate a birthday cake. Came home helped both boys with their homework while making dinner. Ate dinner way early, went to Zach's school for Literacy Night/Book Fair and still managed to get to his game 30 minutes early (the boys get out of school at 3:30 and we were all at the game by 5:30). All I can say is WHEW. Nate has baseball practice tomorrow and then we get a good baseball break.
So Zachary's game went pretty well. They have a pitching machine that shoots pitches out at them and the rules are more strict on how many pitches you get. Zachary's first time up he struck out his second time he hit the ball but right back to the pitcher so he was able to grab the ball and tag Zach out. Zachary tried really hard not to be sad but was a little confused why he was out. Joel went over to talk to him and Zachary told him, "He tagged me--this is baseball not tag." I was very proud of him--he never cried and still managed to have a good time and said he was excited to play again. Oh and on top of that it was FREEZING. The wind was blowing and it was sprinkling it felt like winter in Phoenix.
After the game Zach was complaining that his head hurt and his stomache was unhappy. I took him upstairs and he started freaking out. Within seconds he was throwing up everywhere. Poor kid was so sad and confused. He has a field trip tomorrow that he is very concerned about missing so hopefully it was just a fluke and he will start feeling better.




2 comments:

Jill said...

I hope he feels better. My kids never did the baseball, tball thing, but Payton did soccer for about a month and it was not a good experience. He will be my computer nerd, I will need all the help I can get :)

ERIN said...

i logged on today ready to give you a hard time for not blogging and giving me somthing to read but just kidding. glad you're staying busy! i'm the camp director for our ward but i don't have to go to camp!! yipee!!