Thursday, April 16, 2009

So much to say

Okay so once again another event filled week. It was Nate's birthday on Friday. The night before I put him to bed and he was trying to sneakily make sure that I was I was going to decorate his bedroom and make him a poster--I think I started a new tradition which is good but I informed Joel I am not listing out 32 reasons why I love him. We Joel's family over Friday for the party and Nate invited his really good friend from down the street. They played and ran around all night. I let Nate pick out a dinosaur cake with a big dinosaur on top that actually roared it was cool. While opening his presents he made the comment that he has seen tons of commercials for everything he got. Pretty much every commercial the child sees he runs and tells me he has to have for his birthday. Zach and Nate have been sharing a scooter ever since we moved up here (Nate got a Spiderman scooter for his 3rd birthday that he sold to Cole for $5--he set it outside with a home made taped on price tag and Cole bought it. Very odd children I have) and Nate has told me a time or two that he would really like one of his.

On Saturday we dyed Easter eggs. I think Joel had as much fun as any of the boys he kept stealing their eggs to dye them himself. Easter morning we told the older boys they had to wait until Cole woke up to look for eggs and check their baskets. At 8:30 Cole got up but kept telling me his tummy hurt. The boys found all the eggs and were looking through their baskets and Cole threw up all over me. He spent the next several hours throwing up every time he took a drink. Obviously Cole and I stayed home from church, right about the time the bigger boys got home he started feeling better and ate lunch and dinner fine. I am pretty sure it was his random throwing up thing he used to do in Phoenix--we shall see if it happens again next month. I hope for his sake that isn't what it is. . . Later that day all of Joel's family came over, we did an Easter egg hunt with kids and had a yummy dinner.

Zachary had another baseball game this week. He got two hits and when he was in outfield was very good to chase down the ball although he didn't really get the concept of hurrying up and throwing it in but he is learning. His last time up he got tagged out and didn't even question it or get his feelings hurt. Nate was very upset because his game had been canceled the night before and Zach still got to play.

The cool cake

Opening Presents

Dying eggs

The egg hunt



Checking out the prizes

3 comments:

Jill said...

Looks like the kids had fun! I am sad we missed another birthday :( I hope Cole feels better, Payton was throwing up today, odd because he does not get sick. I hope he feels better soon.

Dennis said...

Hi Ronda,
I enjoy reading your blog and seeing pictures of the family. You do a good job. Tell Joel "Hi!" from us. Thanks.
Love, Aunt Carol

Shawna said...

It's fun to catch up with you and see what you're up to. Poor Cole feeling sick on Easter. Glad he's feeling better!

Do you guys think you will be in St George for a while? How are you liking it?