Monday, November 24, 2008

The One Legged Man

So yesterday my father-in-law informs us that our home teacher is coming to see us ALL (I really wanted to sneak away and take a nap). He also informs my kids that he only has one leg which they of course don't believe because grandpa is the biggest teasier ever, although this time he was telling the truth. My kids, especially C was fascinated with the idea of someone with only one leg. Anytime the doorbell he went running upstairs to see if it was the person with one leg (the first time it was J's Grandma and C had to count her legs and ask why she wasn't missing a leg). When the man finally came over he was wearing his fake leg and C was questioning why he had two legs. I was HORRIFIED, my only saving grace was that no one else can understand C so luckily the man had no idea what he was talking about. My face was fire engine red.

I will be in Arizona tomorrow. WOO-HOO I am doing an imaginary jig. I actually did a real jig earlier and I was mocked very rudely (by my hubby).

1 comment:

Jill said...

Sounds about right, Good thing it wasn't Lauren, He would of understood her! She probably wouldn't have quit asking till he answered. I can't imagine your face any more red than the night we went out last :) I love teasing you about that! See you tomorrow