Thursday, May 21, 2009

Almost Done

I can't believe school is almost out--one more day and we are done!! I am actually really looking forward to this summer. I have girls camp in the middle of June and then we will be down in AZ for the month of July (woo-hoo) going to wicked and hanging out.
I figured since everyone has had there Graduations/Performances I should post about them.
Cole enjoyed his class. There was a little boy who Cole insisted on calling Mr. Jamison and he would tell me stories about him all the time. At their graduation Cole got the award for 'Always having a Smile' which is very fitting--even grumpy Cole is still smiling. They sang a mr sun song, signed there name in sign language and each child repeated two nursery rhymes.

Nate was officially know in his class as 'Nate the Great'. He had the sweetest teacher who adored him. They had an early program and it was awesome. They sang cute songs, and each student had a speaking part and dressed up for there part (Nate was an athlete so he just wore his baseball uniform). At the end they sang 'God Bless America' and waved little American flags. It totally made me get all teary eyed.

And last but not least Zachary. We were so lucky to get such good teachers when we moved here. Zachary's teacher was perfect for him. I was really hoping that Nate might have here next year but she is actually moving to a school closer to her home. It was a good year and I feel like my kids learned a lot of good (and some bad) things. They seem to enjoy school although they still like to bring up living in AZ I feel like the have had chances to do things we couldn't have let them do if we were still living there.
For Zach's performance all of the first grade got together and sang some songs. Then each of the classes went and did a performance in their classroom. Zach's class put on some reading theaters. He memorized his whole part and amazingly enough was not even nervous to say all his lines. It was a cute end to a great year.







No comments: