Friday, November 14, 2008

Oprah and my boys

I find that I (for the most part) enjoy Oprah. I never really watched her before, but now that my late afternoons are painfully void of any real duties I find myself watching the show. They talked about Prop 8 today which was annoying one sided conversation but beyond that I find her very enjoyable. She had a guy on a couple days ago that was going over how to declutter your life and mentioned that you could get a free picture book through Snapfish. I went and signed up and got my book and made it all about the party we did before we moved. It made me a little sad but I figure it will be nice to give my boys something to look at. Plus they may be 20 before I get around to scrapbooking it. I actually just finished scrapbooking the year 2004--only for more years to go (X 3 equals a lot of work).

By the way as long as my site is not private I have decided to refer to my children by their first initial. I am not a freaky person but I figure anyone who knows me well enough to care about what is going on in my family would know who I was talking about, so I am going to do that--it may be odd but it will make me feel a little better.

My kids had parent teacher conferences this week and apparently they are amazing--I really had no idea. I don't really get the ratings but Z's teacher was telling how most kids his age are testing in a 4 - 8 for reading and he is a 14. He was the only person in his class that finished his math page and it is skills that they should know by the end of second grade. The child taught himself how to multiply. He was bragging how he knew his times tables so I asked him what 8 X 3 was and without batting an eye he told me 24.

N's teacher was telling me what a joy he is (my first thought was REALLY) but apparently he is just really helpful and listens quite well. She told me a couple of the girls in his class have crushes on him. I love that my kids are good for other people--if not always for me.

Last but not least I let my boys play outside last night. Z and C were playing with a little boy Z's age--I personally am not a huge fan of the little boy he is a little bit of a stinker. Anyway apparently he knocked C down, made him cry and was laughing. Z told him it wasn't funny and to leave his little brother alone. The little boy told Z that then they wouldn't be friends anymore and Z really could care less. I was so proud of Z for standing up for his little brother I had to tell him thank you about 20 times

5 comments:

Erin said...

It is so nice to hear that previous Arizona students are ahead in school, yeah!

Jill said...

Way to go Z!!! That is awesome that he is so good to C. I caught a little of that Oprah and had to turn it off, you are right it was totally one sided! For the most part, I can't watch her any more. Talk to you soon.

Jodi Hansen said...

Oprah is great, but sometimes annoying. I still want to know when the majority of Californian's became LDS.I mean for the LDS church to have so much pull... WOW great missionary work going on there.
That is great that your kids are so far ahead.
As for the little boy...hum wonder who that is. Guess much hasn't changed since we lived there.

Shawna said...

Yay for starting a blog! It will be fun to keep in touch. Who knows it may be our 15 year reunion before I see you again, which is so sad.
Glad to see you got to Ut. safely

Jod Jas Curtis said...

It was great seeing you guys the other day :) & that is awesome about your boys doing so well in school! I'm glad you guys are adjusting, it took me a good year 1/2 when I moved here= haha. I was 14 though. Call us soon - let's get together.
Loves